Welcome to Heartburn Remedies and Cures
Heartburn is not a modern illness, as the first written record of heartburn treatment dates back to the first century, but it has become a modern epidemic of the Western world. For example, did you know that in the United States alone, more than twenty five million adults suffer with heartburn on a daily basis and more than sixty million experience symptoms every month. Recent research also appears to indicate that heartburn/acid reflux is a growing problem.
If you have found your way to my Heartburn Remedies and Cures site, it is likely that you or someone close to you suffers with heartburn or acid reflux as it is also known, and that you are looking for information to:
- help you better understand heartburn
- treat the symptoms and
- prevent it reoccurring in the future
The site helps you understand what heartburn is, why it happens and provides information about over the counter (OTC) heartburn medications and surgical treatments that are available. It also gives details of the heartburn treatments available in the various branches of alternative and complementary medicine such as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Ayurveda.
It furnishes information about foods which help heartburn and foods which cause heartburn , together with details of practical steps and lifestyle changes that can be taken to help prevent heartburn such as losing weight, stopping smoking or simply just changing sleeping positions.
I hope that you will find the information and resources provided useful and warmly welcome your feedback and comments to improve the site either via the Contact page or using the Comments section at the bottom of each page.
Ten Most Popular Articles
- What to Eat for Heartburn – Five Foods to Stop Heartburn
- The Side Effects of Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)
- Heartburn Home Remedy: Baking Soda for Heartburn or Reflux
- Heartburn: Is My Stomach Acidity too High or too Low
- Ginger – A Natural Remedy for Heartburn
- Why Does Heartburn Return When I Stop Taking Medication?
- Natural Heartburn Treatment – Apple Cider Vinegar
- Risks of Taking OTC Antacids
- Ayurvedic Heartburn and Acidity Remedies and Cures: Radishes
- Home Remedy for Reflux and Heartburn at Night: Bed Wedges